Friday, August 7, 2009

Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog. My name is and despite so many days of thinking and scratching my head trying to come up with an appropriate topic, I cannot seem to find something that I can settle for. I wonder, would the very core of my life be interesting? The society that I have grown up in, that has shaped my values, my perceptions, my beliefs and my world view. The title on my blog is tough mummy, from that you can tell that I am a mother, about being tough, well aren't we all?

You see, I relocated to Australia two years ago. I was born and bred in Kenya, a beautiful country in the East of Africa near the Indian Ocean. 'They' call my country, third world, and politically correct people call Africa, developing. Like many things, the communication and infrustructure of these countries are still developing, along with our democracy and economy.

In my blogs I am going to discuss communication strategies in developing Sub-Saharan Africa and how these have affected our way of life and vise versa, my emphasis will be on women, as we are the earth from which human survival is dependent- I am no feminist.

No comments:

Post a Comment